Affiliate links are included in this post.
Shop my Amazon Recommendations List for a quick view of many of the items listed below.
- Egg Slicer – Use this one little tool for all your soft small fruits like strawberries, grapes, and olives.
- 12 Slice Apple Corer Slicer – Easily prep apples, oranges, lemons, limes, par-boiled potatoes, onions, tomatoes, etc.
- Spiral Apple Corer Slicer – These are amazing for processing lots of apples at once! Perfect for apple chips.
- Flexible Cutting Boards – Great for loading up your freezer trays for pre-freezing after food prep.
- Pastry Scraper – Helps clear off the trays
- Bag Holders – A great accessory for holding open your mylar bags for loading!
Useful Freeze Drying Tools
- Extra Freeze Dryer Trays – This is a MUST have! I have 3 total sets to let me have one in the freezer dryer, one in the freezer, and one ready to fill with food I’m prepping.
- NEW! Freeze Dryer Tray Lids! This is a brand new released product that you can help protect the trays from freezer burn and they double as extra trays. I’m picking up a set, these look so cool! They even have built-in dividers.
- NEW! Silicone Food Molds – Harvest Right just released these as well. Just fill with your favorite foods and freeze dry right in these silicone molds for pre-portioned foods! Great for candy or other foods you want portioned out.
- Moisture Meter – This will check to make sure your freeze dried foods are completely dry!
- Toaster Oven Baking Trays – (7″W x 9″D x 1″D) These trays are half the size of a medium Harvest Right tray (7.5″W x 18″D x .75″D). Great as affordable extra trays for pre-freezing!
- Silicone Baking Mats – Use these with sticky foods for easier clean-up! Just cut to your tray size.
Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorbers
There are three main websites for mylar bags. I did a Mylar Bag pricing comparison post here!
- Harvest Right – Really good quality, colorful packaging (pro and con!), no quantity discounts
- PackFreshUSA – Can purchase in very large quantities, only offer gusset packaging
- TopMylar – Options for flat, zip top, and gusset mylar bags
With your new hobby, there will be lots to store! Mylar bags, supplies, extra oil, and of course all that freeze dried food! Here are some great products to help you stay organized.
- Tough Box 27-gallon Storage Tote – (30.9″L x 20.3″W x 14.6″H)
- Tough Box 40-gallon Storage Tote – (38″L x 21.75″W x 16.25″H)
Cart or Table for your Freeze Dryer
Harvest Right may include a direct link for a plastic wheeled cart an email from a sales rep after your order is placed. The price on that cart is great, but the shipping is astronomical! I found that Amazon has much better prices with free shipping.
There were a lot of different wheeled carts to choose from, and Amazon prices are always fluctuating, but these were the three I was most interested in are linked here. A wheeled cart will cost you roughly $175.
Take special note of your freeze dryer’s size and weight before ordering! Here’s the most recent sizes for a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer:
- Small Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
16.5″W x 18.5″D x 25″H, weighs 61lbs
- Medium Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
18″W x 21.25″D x 28.5″H, weighs 112lbs
- Large Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
20.25″W x 23.75″D x 30.75″H, weighs 138lbs
- Medium Beige Flat Top Cart – (44″ x 26″) raised handle
- Medium Black Flat Top Cart – (44″ x 25.5″)
- Medium Grey Flat Top Cart – (44″ x 25.5″)
If you don’t need the wheels or are looking for something more stable or larger than a utility cart, I did find two great table options at Sam’s Club I really liked.
- 72″ Adjustable Height Workbench – (72″ x 25″) This is what I purchased for my own use. It gives me lots of room for food prep and bag sealing and I love that there’s lots of room below for my feet!
- Stainless Steel Work Top – (49″ x 24″) It will look sleek and nice and has a lower shelf. It does include casters so you have the option of with or without wheels.
- Lifetime 6-ft Table – (72″ x 30″) For an ultra economic option, just choose a table like this! It will give you lots of space at a great price. Look for one without a center fold so it will be more strong and stable.
What’s your favorite freeze dry supplies?